Women's Heart Center
The Women's Heart Center at the Bakersfield Heart HospitalMost women don't realize that heart disease, not cancer is the leading cause of death. Despite being the leading killer among women in the U.S., heart disease is mistakenly considered by many to be a "man's disease." However, women have the same risk as men, and their risk and the incidence of heart disease increases exponentially after age 40.
The Bakersfield Heart Hospital created the Women's Heart Center to provide early detection through education, information and preventive screening services to help women understand their risk for heart disease and take steps to improve their heart health. Our program is the first of its kind in Kern County, and one of less than 50 nationwide.
The Women's Heart Center at the Bakersfield Heart Hospital recognizes that women experience symptoms and risk factors that are different from those of men, and understand the special concerns and needs of women.
Women's Heart Education and Wellness
Schedule A Women's Heart Health Check
The Women's Heart Center at the Bakersfield Heart Hospital is dedicated to screening and educating women on understanding and reducing their risk of cardiovascular disease. The Women's Heart Center will strive to continually provide and update the medical community on information concerning female cardiovascular risk factors and the treatments that optimize the care of women.
1. Screen and educate women on their individual risk factors for CV disease.
2. Educate women through community programs.
3. Educate physicians who care for females on the latest research and guidelines concerning the cardiovascular care of their patients.
4. Participate in clinical research in women and heart disease.
5. Work with organizations with similar goals to provide high quality programs and resources to our community.
6. Keep primary care and specialty physicians informed of their patients' results.
7. Help patients find a primary care physician or cardiologist if they do not have one.
8. Provide a support group for women survivors.